Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Praise God for Chris Schrag!

So on Monday I fell out of a chair.... hit my head/hip ... an ER Visit later was told has a mild concussion. Just what every mother of four needs right?

To make matters worse, my mom was sick so my only help in times like these was sick and unable to help. So yesterday... while suffering from the most severe headache of my life, I cooked/cleaned up/ fed/ etc etc etc four children. IT SUCKED!

Today I woke up feeling better... but at 3:30 or so, the headache came back full on. I called the doctor and they said this could happen for the next week or so until my brain heals completely from the trauma. How fun is this I ask you?

Well, Wendy my friend for LIFE offered to take the kiddos to church for me... and I was almost about to take her up on that, but first I called Chris. And Chris told me she would take them for me. She is a blessing in a half! I pray that everyone who reads this knows her or gets too! She's AMAZING... and I love her more than words can say.

This got me to thinking... as on Sunday I had read the story of the Rich Young Ruler (as told through christiansunite.com) for the kids. Here's how the Bible puts it... (bare with me, I'm still pretty much in pain!)

Luke 18:18-23 (New King James Version)
Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler

18 Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 19 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. 20 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’”[a]21 And he said, “All these things I have kept from my youth.” 22 So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” 23 But when he heard this, he became very sorrowful, for he was very rich.

So here is a man who has kept all the commandments and made good of himself. However, his peace has come through physical things and he has learned to love his possessions more than the one providing those blessings.

What I keep thinking about is this: What if this man would have done what Christ had said to him to do? What if this man had sold everything and followed Christ? Who did we miss learning from, since this man chose to disobey the will of God in His life. He could have been a warrior like Paul, a healer like Luke. He could have written the gospel according too... but this man instead missed out on the richest blessing... he missed out on the blessing of being in the Will of God.

I wonder if he ever learned what God was trying to show him... And in return I wonder how many opportunities I have passed up, by leading the life I have. I pray God will still use me, and show me His will for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment