Thursday, August 6, 2009

Midnight it is!

So it's 12:45 am and I'm getting ready to head to bed.

Worked till 8 :( - Mom was here watching the kiddos.... a dresser fell on Clay and Lori Ann, Meghan and Katie Lynn both had their medicine and it's time for bed.

Big weekend... going to a 'shopping' party for a friend of mine who's starting to sell Southern Living at home and than going to just hang out with her.

Saturday I have to work.. FUN STUFF and than fair time for all... I loathe LOATHE LOATHE the Ozark Empire Fair lol... but the kids should enjoy it.

Church on Sunday w/ the Bumpers (only here on this site can I really say that.)

I am not sure why. The man is an institution. I understand he is a Reverend however to me he's more!

Growing up with a father who worked construction, the song Daddy's Hands always was special to me. "Daddy's hands weren't always gentle, but I've learned to understand... there is always love in daddy's hands."

Whenever my dad would upset me, or whenever I'd watch him do something that I knew in my heart was wrong... I'd sing that song to myself to help me try and understand that my dad really did love me, maybe in the only way he knew how, but he loved me.

I didn't learn that truly until I had my first child... I could never ever do anything to stop loving them. They are my creation.. And when I got saved... I learned that we as humans are unable to love like Christ...but it's only through our deepening relationship with Christ that we are able to learn to love as He loves. Either way....that's where Eddie Bumpers comes in.

I LOVE that my husband hears a man of God that truly seeks the heart of God. I love that I can listen and hear and see the Lord through Him.... I think Pastor/Brother/Reverend... not so meaningful as the THE Bumpers. But hey... that's me... and if he doesn't want that... Brother/Rev./Pastor it is.

Any who, I made a super easy dinner a couple of nights ago that I found on Minute Rice.com ... it was pretty good.

1 can of peas
1 10 oz can of Cream of Chicken soup
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups rice
1/4 cup Parm. Cheese
1/4 cup bacon bits (though I used the real bacon pieces by KRAFT)
1.5 lbs of chicken
1 tsb oil

put the oil in a skillet and when heated, place chicken in and cook thoroughly.
Add peas, cream of chicken soup, and water. Bring to boil.
Once boiling add rice and let simmer 5 mins.
take off heat, add Parm cheese and bacon bits.

ENJOY!

So yummy! Either way, now that it's 1:06 am and I have to work at 6 am... bed it is. Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment