Monday, September 7, 2009

What a rough start

Have you heard the song "As Long as I got King Jesus"? Poor English but amazing song.

It says we don't need a doctor, lawyer, preacher, teacher, brother, sister, mother, father etc.

It says He'll be my friend when I'm friendless.

Recently I've found myself with a shortage of friends. The ones I held closest to my heart have went through changes and those changes have really caused some stresses on our friendships. So I wonder... do I really believe that song? As Long as I got King Jesus.. do I need anyone else?

My heart is heavy today. :o( So many things have changed, I still have Richard.. and maybe that's the point of these changes... to help me cling to my husband. But Richard has never been AMAZING at listening to all my dumb whining. (especially since most of it is about him.) It was nice to have someone to talk to about those things. So maybe that's the point... I can talk to Jesus about those things. He can give the best advice!

I just wonder if what we heard in Sunday school was meant for me.... do I trust that Jesus is big enough to handle my problems? Like my depression... my crazy ways .... my selfishness .... I wonder... how big is the Jesus I believe in?

Like the title says: it's been a rough start to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment