Saturday, September 5, 2009

Question of the day.

So, recently (as in yesterday) I celebrated my 27th birthday.

My FAVORITE and I mean FAVORITE restaurant is Ohana's... a Japanese Steak house in town. It has an amazing MONSTER roll that I just love.

So I decided since we probably couldn't afford to do two dinners, one for family and one for friends, I would include them both.

My family usually is very OPEN to new people so no big deal right?

Well at the last minute I was told that half of my family wouldn't be able to come b/c of finances. And ALSO b/c one of my aunt's didn't like that type of food. I also found out that another set of friends weren't able to afford it, and the other group of family we already knew wouldn't be able to afford it due to the fact that it was around 13.00 a plate.

I had a GREAT TIME with the people who were there. My mom and grandma appeared to have a good time (though I could see they didn't totally LOVE LOVE LOVE the food)

So I found out that my family did other things... so now I'm left wondering...

Should I have changed the place I wanted to go to for my birthday to include all of my family since I do hold them so dear to me? Or enjoy my birthday for what it is MY BIRTHDAY and think "well if they didn't want to come, they didn't want to come" and not be hurt by it. I'm just not sure if my feelings are valid or not.

I do know that my family wasn't crazy about my choices, but this same family said "it's your birthday you should go where you want to go." I guess it is really a choice... do I want the food or the family?

I guess lesson learned. Overall it was still an amazing birthday and my best friend (my mom) and wonderful husband was there. So I guess I should say "such is life" :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment