Sunday, September 13, 2009

Jonah and Disobediance

So at church tonight our youth pastor preached. (THE Bumpers Jr.) He did an amazing job this morning as well. This am he spoke about the "But God"'s in the Bible.. where everything looks bleak and desolate and than we hear the good news "BUT GOD!" It's was a great sermon.

Tonight however really hit close to home. Bumpers Jr. spoke about Jonah and how Jonah KNEW what he needed to do but didn't do it. And this initial disobedience caused a severe in Jonah's relationship w/ God... but God kept pursuing!

That's awesome. What great news for me to hear! I've been feeling disobedient lately. My attitude has been horrible pertaining to a lot of things in our lives... (MONEY mostly) BUT GOD is still in control (the Schraggers reminded me of that today PRAISE God for her!) God is a just and jealous God. Consequences of my disobedience are occurring as we speak BUT GOD will forgive me... but I need to be willing to ask and turn from that! amazing!

I've been reading w/ Lori Ann the Sparks stuff (okay honestly read it today w/ her :( ) and as I read it and went through John 3:16 with her, it smacked me in the face at how clearly the Bible says.. all men/women/boy/girl are sinners. all men/women/boy/girl need a savior. WE KNOW THAT SAVIOR.. and I need to follow Him completely. I need to stop the half hearted following of Christ and step out and follow Him in everything.

I've been stressing SO much about everything. About the finances, about the house, about school decisions, about legal concerns, about the kids, about my marriage... and I've learned that worrying doesn't do anything for that. But pushing aside worrying isn't the same as having faith that God will supply. Having faith is KNOWING without a shadow of a doubt that you will be held and protected b/c you are a beloved child of the KING.

I've also been listening to the words of the ladies at church who have been through struggles and have enjoyed hearing that I'm not alone!

So here's a tip for you: If you are truly struggling with your life circumstances... speak to the saints in your church. You know the ones that if they had saints in your church (mine do not lol) they would be chosen. Like the Schraggers or the Robertsons or the Kings or the Templetons (HEY BROADWAY ROCKS!) etc. (just names of some of the women in my church who I think should be sainted for putting up w/ me lol)

ALSO -- if you are struggling DO NOT SURROUND yourself with people who are acting as if they are perfect. This will just depress you and get you into an evil thing called jealousy. I'm learning that no matter how hard/easy etc your life may be someone has it worse OR better. Living thankfully for what you have and being content is the only way to be happy. I was complaining about my 20.00 grocery budget and the Schraggers told me about another person w/ a 10.00 grocery budget. Yet I also know someone w/ a grocery budget of 200.00 a week. Life is different for everyone, and my struggle w/ money might be someone elses struggle with lust etc.

Today I need to do what I can to make the good choices. To fully live out my faith in Jesus Christ. That's all I can do.. and that's all I need to do. B/c the rest will fall into place! Like my other post says: as long as I got King Jesus!

Have you met my King? If not.. I hope and pray one day you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment